Are you facing the issue of unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop? Here in this blog, we will discuss some effective steps to resolve unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop. Firstly this issue can occur for numerous reasons such as:
- Unable to Print via printer
- PC not working properly
- QuickBooks application freezes
- Printer is offline
- Improper installation of the Printer
- User is not sign-in as system admin
Effective Steps to resolve unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop
You have to check the following steps before you start troubleshooting unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Be sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version.
- For printing error messages, you may search the assistance for the exact error.
- Your device is associated to the printer
Step 1: Check your printer
- Choose the Start button and browse to Notepad.
- Type some text and select the option of File, and then print.
- Choose the correct printer and then select Print.
Step 2: If Print test did not work properly
- Power off the printer
- Restart your device, and then turn on the printer.
- Ensure that the printer paper is loaded properly.
- Now, choose the Windows Start button.
- You have to browse to the Control Panel, and double tap on the option of Printers and Faxes.
- If the printer shows an Offline mode, you have to hover right-click on the printer and choose the option of Use Printer Online.
- Now, you have to Double-tap on the printer.
- If the print jobs are displayed before you in the queue.
- Select the printer and Cancel All Documents.
- Now, Close the window and do Right-click on the printer.
- Select the option of Properties, and after that you have to choose Print Test Page.
Step 3: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub
If you have to print in Notepad, use the Print and the PDF repair tool from the QuickBooks Tool hub. Once it’s over, try to print it again.
Step 4: Rename the file
- Hover Right-click on the QBprint.qbp file for your QuickBooks version and choose the Rename option.
- Now, you have to Add the word old to the file name
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the File menu, and choose the option of Printer Setup.
- Select the transaction in the Name of Form list
- Choose the OK button
- The new file is displayed before you
- You have to open and print any transaction.
Step 5: Verify that the printer is the correct one
- Open the File menu and choose the option of Printer Setup.
- Select the form that you want to print.
- After printing you will come to know, that whether the printer is correct one or not.
However, if after following all these steps, you are still unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop, you can get in touch with the Quickbooks online service representatives for quick help and avail of on-time assistance. The representatives will explain to you the troubleshooting steps to fix the unable to print e-filing in QuickBooks Desktop issue.