Are You facing Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077? If yes, then you are at right place to resolve this Quickbooks error PS077. Visit this blog Further to know how to resolve this error.
Quickbooks is one of the most used software nowadays and with its increase in demand, the questions to resolve various errors regarding software updates has also increased. Here in this blog, we will discuss the most common error Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077. This error occurs with a pop-up on your screen stating “QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update”.
Talking about its causes, the most common cause of Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077 is when QuickBooks payroll updates are downloaded. Before we move forward for the solutions of solving, here are a few other causes of the error which are: corrupted QuickBooks company files, incorrect or outdated billing information, no registration on QuickBooks software, damaged tax table files by QB payroll.
After trying the following steps even if the problem persists or you need expert assistance, feel free to contact QuickBooks and get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Service.
Troubleshooting methods for Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077
- Your first step is to logout from all QuickBooks accounts.
- To make sure all Quickbooks windows are closed, close all your system windows.
- Now click on ‘windows task manager’ to verify all Quickbook windows that are opened.
- Open the Quickbooks once again and try downloading the payroll updates again.
- If you see that the problem still exists then go to ‘files’ and select ‘utilities and repair QuickBooks’.
- To check if you have the most recent version of Quickbooks then login to your intuit account and verify your QuickBooks license.
- On Quickbooks payroll service account information, check for the information like billing information.
- Now to fix your Quickbooks errors, refer to Quickbooks error technical support team.
- Go to ‘files’ and then ‘utilities’, then check and create your Quickbooks data.
- It is suggested to switch off user account control(UAC) if you are currently using windows 7 or 8, and then try to download Quickbooks payroll updates.
Condition 1: If you have installed only one version of Quickbooks desktop
If only one version of Quickbooks is installed on your desktop then you should not complete those steps.
- The first step is to take the backup Quickbook company file.
- Now close all the running applications and open the ‘run’ window.
- Now go to the ‘Window system section’.
- From there you have to open the ‘start screen’.
- To select the ‘Run’ option, right-click on the ‘background to all apps’.
Windows 7 or XP:
- Click on the ‘start’ menu.
- After that keep clicking as given: ‘All programs’ then ‘Accessories’, then click on ‘Run’
Click on the ‘start’ menu and in the search field enter the ‘Run’ command.
Condition 2: If you have installed multiple versions of Quickbooks desktop
To do better in Selective startup, install a clean version of Quickbooks desktop.
Since you are using multiple versions of Quickbooks desktop, you need to delete all additional installations and reset your Quickbooks update.
- After cleanup, download the latest payroll tax tables.
- If it is necessary to rebuild the data, then first re-sort the list and then use the ‘verify data’ or ‘rebuild data’ process.
Now go for a clean uninstall or reinstall process in Selective startup.
These were the simple steps that could lead you to resolve Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077 functioning in Quickbooks while performing updates. If after following these steps you feel that the Quickbooks Payroll Error PS077 still prevails then without hesitation contact Quickbooks and get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Service.