QuickBooks Payroll suite is globally acclaimed accountancy software. Numerous small, medium, large businesses, enterprises, and startups use this program to automate their company payroll and accounting.
One of the best features of this application is direct deposit. Through this feature, you can directly send employee payments to their accounts. You do not need to issue checks or print them to give paychecks to the employees.
QuickBooks customer service from the Contact Payroll suggests that you setup employee in QuickBooks direct deposits. It will fully automate your organization's payroll. Contact Payroll brings you the effortless method to set up a straight deposit system in your QuickBooks Payroll suite.
The Two-Step Method to Setup Employee in Quickbooks Direct Deposits
Using QuickBooks payroll, you can now pay your hired hands through direct deposit. QuickBooks customer service from Contact Payroll suggests the following steps:
First Step: Complete The Paperwork
1. Employers can set up direct deposit to a savings account, checking account, Pay Card, or money market accounts.
2. The employees need to fill-up, sign, and date the direct deposit authorization form.
3. It is better to get a voided check from the hired hands. It allows the employer to record error-free bank account details and routing number.
4. Beneficiary accounts should be USA accounts that support ACH monetary transactions.
5. If an employee wants to use a money market account, they need to approach their bank. They need to understand from the bank whether they require savings or a checking account.
6. You can find the QuickBooks Desktop direct deposit authentication from Quickbooks own website.
7. To access the direct deposit authentication from the QuickBooks Online Payroll suite, follow these steps:
- Visit Taxes & choose Payroll Tax item.
- Now, tap on the Employee Setup button.
- After you go to Authorization for Direct Deposit, please tap on the Bank Verification option.
- Now, you may choose View and print the form.
The above steps complete the documentation part to setup employee in QuickBooks direct deposits.
Second Step: Adding an Employee to Direct Deposit
To setup employee in QuickBooks direct deposits, the employer needs to add the employees to the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll suite. Please follow these steps to complete the process successfully:
A. For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
When you want to further setup employee in QuickBooks direct deposits, please follow the below steps:
- Choose Employees and then select the Employee Center to open the list of employees who work in your company.
- Tap on the employee's name that needs to be in the direct deposit scheme.
- Click on the Payroll Info section.
- Now, you need to choose the Direct Deposit key.
- Next, on the Direct Deposit screen, please tap on the Use Direct Deposit enter the employee name.
- Decide whether to transfer the paycheck into one or two bank accounts.
- Now, type in the employee's banking company details. Following information go into the system: Account number, Bank Name, Account Type, and Routing number.
- If you decide to transfer salary to two bank accounts, please enter the percentage or amount that the hired hand wants to accumulate to the first account. You need to enter the information in the Amount to Deposit section. The remaining salary part will automatically go to the second bank account.
- Now, you need to choose OK to save the employee personal and banking data.
- Authenticate the process by entering your Direct Deposit PIN.
If you face any issues in the above steps, please contact the QuickBooks customer service at Contact Payroll.
B. For QuickBooks Online Program
- Visit the Payroll menu item and tap on Employees.
- Now, choose the employee's name, and then tap the edit icon beside Pay.
- Beneath the How do you want to pay section tap on the way the employee wishes to receive their salary:
- Direct deposit to two accounts
- Direct deposit with balance as a check
- Direct deposit
- Type in the account number and routing number from the voided check of the employee. Now, tap on Done.
QuickBooks payroll allows you to introduce 360° automation in your enterprise accounting and payroll. Setup employee in QuickBooks direct deposits and stay worry-free when it comes to salary payments. QuickBooks customer service is a QuickBooks specialized support team from Contact Payroll. For technical assistance, let us know when we can help you.