If you trying to update the QuickBooks Payroll section to the latest edition and failing to do so? Fret no more! You have landed on the correct webpage. This blog is to help you provide multiple solutions to the QuickBooks error 15215. Alternatively, you can also take assistance from the team of customer care of the accounting software. The team resolves the payroll error from multiple editions like QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, etc.
To get insights into the issue have a look at the common causes and symptoms of the software error 15215.
Common Causes of QuickBooks Error 15215
- Incorrect settings of the Windows operating system.
- Presence of viruses or spyware on the user’s device.
- The firewall program of the device may block the working of the application software.
- Issues and errors occurred during the installation of the accounting software.
- The accounting software may have failed to confirm and verify the registry keys.
Common Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15215
The screen is displayed with the message ‘QuickBooks error 15215’.
- QuickBooks software may close after displaying the error code.
- The software will fail to update the latest edition on the device.
- Users of the accounting software will fail to access any file on the device.
- The device may hang at regular intervals.
- The device takes too long to give a response to simple inputs of keyboard and mouse.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 15215
Solution-1: Use Selective Startup
- Close all the running software on the device.
- Navigate to the Start icon.
- Click to choose ‘All Programs’ from the list.
- Click on ‘Accessories’ from the popup menu.
- Choose the option of ‘Run’.
- The run box will appear on the screen.
- Type the command ‘MSConfig’.
- Now press the Enter button.
- Click on the icon of ‘Selective Startup’.
- Ensure to uncheck the Load Startup option.
- Save changes.
- Restart your computer.
If the error code is still displayed on the user’s device and fails to update the QuickBooks Payroll section then try the next solution. The alternative solution is useful when the error occurs due to permission issues from the device. The solution is effective on QB Desktop as well as QuickBooks Cloud Hosting edition. You can also take the help from the team of customer service.
Solution-2: Run as Administrator
- Close different software programs running on the device.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Select the option of ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Allow necessary modifications to the device.
- Click on the option of ‘Yes / Ok’ to give permission.
- Wait till the process complete.
Open the accounting software to see if the error is resolved from it. Failing to update the QuickBooks Payroll section leads you to lose on the new features available with it. Moreover, with every update, the number of bugs reduces from the software. Hence, it is indeed necessary to get the latest edition of the software. Connect with the service team to resolve the issues from the different versions of the software like QuickBooks Cloud Hosting, Enterprise, Premier, etc.