QuickBooks Payroll is the primary program for delicate financial and accounting management processes of most small, medium, and large businesses. The software is user-friendly. Operating this program doesn’t require prior exhaustive accounting knowledge. Companies around the world are very much dependent on this program due to its features and facilities.
QuickBooks Payroll handles critical data and hence stays protected through PIN. Business owners or managers mostly save their PIN through password management tools. However, whenever you can not remember or access the PIN, you may want to know how to reset payroll PIN in the QuickBooks suite. Contact Payroll brings you quick steps to reset QuickBooks Payroll PIN.
However, when unable to perform the steps to reset QuickBooks Payroll PIN, consider getting technical assistance from QuickBooks customer service of Contact Payroll.
How to Reset Payroll PIN in QuickBooks Payroll
- Start the QuickBooks Desktop software on your Windows or any other computer.
- To get access to the program, you need to log in to the suite using existing credentials for administrative control over QuickBooks Payroll.
- Now, access the “Employees” tab from the top menu bar.
- Beneath the “Employees” section, you should see “Send Payroll Data.”
- Please choose “Send Payroll Data.”
- Next, select the “Send” option under the “Send or Receive Payroll Data” window.
- Tap on the “Forgot your PIN” link after accessing the “Payroll Service PIN” screen.
- The program will authenticate the account owner through the administrative login. At this step, you need to enter the QuickBooks admin password.
- At this point, type in the correct credentials in the relevant fields.
- Now, select “OK” and type in the new desired PIN for QuickBooks payroll.
- Click on the “Submit” box to save changes as necessary.
- Awesome! You have reset the QuickBooks Payroll PIN successfully.
As you need to gain access to QuickBooks Payroll, but you can not remember the PIN, you may be wondering how to reset payroll PIN in QuickBooks. Follow the steps above to reset QuickBooks Payroll PIN.
Other Considerations Before Resetting QuickBooks Payroll PIN
The how to reset payroll PIN of the QuickBooks Payroll guide also helps you understand some relevant tips. Please consider the following sections to know more:
A. Authentication and Privacy Conditions for resetting the PIN
- The payroll clerk or manager should have the admin password.
- The admin password is usually seven characters.
- Always try resetting QuickBooks Payroll PIN from a previously used network.
- Also, make sure to try PIN resetting from a formerly used computer.
B. Pre-requisites for QuickBooks Payroll PIN Reset
QuickBooks allows resetting the payroll PIN in case the owner forgets the PIN accidentally. Also, QuickBooks Accounting software is very user-friendly and allows effortless resetting of PIN. Throughput the process, QuickBooks will authenticate the account through the admin password. After that, it will allow resetting PIN. Hence, always keep your admin password safe and secure from unauthenticated access. The how to reset payroll PIN article helps you to understand the requirements.
C. Configuration for QuickBooks Payroll PIN
There are certain specific PIN requirements for the QuickBooks Payroll suite. It is very crucial to know, what should be the PIN configuration before trying the QuickBooks Payroll PIN reset steps. PIN specifications are as follows:
- New PIN must have at least one alphabet character.
- The QuickBooks Payroll Suite PIN should be 8 to 12 characters long.
- You need to include one numeric digit when you set up a new PIN.
- QuickBooks Payroll PIN doesn’t allow any special characters.
When you follow the steps of how to reset payroll PIN guide, please follow the above requirements and reset your QuickBooks Payroll PIN.
D. Significance of QuickBooks Payroll PIN
All QuickBooks Payroll users will need to enter a PIN to confirm the authority to use the program.
Users will also need to enter the PIN if they want to print tax filings under “Payroll Tax Center.”
Any attempt to change bank account details under the Account Maintenance page requires PIN authentication.
The how to reset payroll PIN of QuickBooks Payroll is a comprehensive article that guides QuickBooks users in resetting PINs. You may refer to the steps in the future if you face any issues with resetting PIN. Contact Payroll is also available to offer you expert consultation through QuickBooks customer service helpdesk. If you want any type of assistance regarding Quickbooks you can visit our Quickbooks service team. They will definitely help you to resolve your issues.