QuickBooks Payroll users face several errors and among them one is– invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll and Taxpayer name does not match the IRS records. The troubleshooting steps to resolve this error are mentioned hereby in this blog post.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll
- If you have a DBA, you have to type your legal name instead of your business name.
- Be sure that you are entering your full business name.
- Always ensure that you are entering your full legal name.
- Do not include any periods, commas, or apostrophes within the business name in the Tax Form section of your Dashboard, because the IRS website does not allow for these characters.
- Always ensure that you are entering information that has been issued by a federal agency such as the IRS, and not by a state agency.
You may experience this error – invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll when the drive listed in the error message is unavailable during the installation. This could happen if your device is disconnected from a network drive, removal of a portable storage device, such as a USB stick, and lastly you do not have sufficient permissions to access the drive
Steps to resolve invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll
The effective steps to resolve invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll are given below:
If you have removed a portable storage device from your device, then you have to reconnect it, and try again to install it. If the problem occurs, you have to login as the built-in Administrator.
- First of all, Open the command prompt
- To turn on enter: net user administrator /active:yes
- After that, you have to Install Accounts Business
- To turn off enter: net user administrator /active:no
If the problem still occurs, then follow the steps for your operating system below until the issue is fixed.
Method 1: Install while you are Sign-off your network
- Tap on the Windows Start button
- Go to the Control Panel
- After that, Open the Network and Sharing Centre
- Now, Change adapter settings;
- Hover, Right-click each adapter and choose the disable option
- Leave this window open and again install Accounts Business.
- When the installation is completed, then you can run the Network Connections window
- After that, you have to enable all your network connections
- If successful, keep this new account profile on your device.
Method 2: Create a new Windows user and use it to install
- Go to the Start button
- Navigate to Control Panel and click on the User Accounts option
- Hit on the option– Manage another account.
- Now, you can create a new account by selecting Administrator option.
- Hit on Create account.
- Restart the device and sign-in with the new administrator account.
- Install the option of Accounts Business.
We assume that by following the steps, you can get your issue fixed of invalid EIN Number in QuickBooks Payroll, and if still need any help, you can reach the technical advisors.