E-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll is for the employees that must be filled before the conclusion of the tax year both these forms are meant to be submitted to Social Security Administration (SSA) to report employee’s annual income and the quantity of various taxes paid by employees like State’s income tax, Social Security taxes, Medicare tax, and Federal taxes. Once the forms are submitted, the Internet Revenue Services IRS validates the info linked to income and taxes, and therefore, you need to check the info carefully before the ultimate submission. In this post, we shall discuss how to accomplish e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll. Here would be the steps mentioned in this blog that allow you to proceed further.
System Requirements for e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll
For e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll, you’ll need to guarantee the below-given system requirements:
- Be sure that you’ve an energetic subscription for QuickBooks enhanced payroll service
- QuickBooks Desktop software is installed properly in your device
- A solid and stable Web connection is one of many foremost requirements to efile W2 and W3 using QuickBooks
- Be sure that the QuickBooks application and payroll tax tables are updated to the most recent maintenance release.
Create W2 forms
Follow the below-given steps for e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll to obtain the duty accomplished:
- Open the software and then click on Payroll Tax Forms and W2s.
- Now select Process Payroll Forms.
- Next, click Annual Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal from under the File Forms section and then select Create Form
- In this case you cannot find the mandatory form, and then it could be inactive. To activate, click Produce a New Form Active from Forms drop-down list
- Click State drop-down and select Federal
- You can select W2 Forms and click on the option of Add Form
- From File Forms window, select W2 Forms
- Now from beneath the All Employees tab, select Process W2’s button. For batch filing, you can choose Employee’s Last Name and from and To option
- Enter the season in Select filing Period
- Click Select Employees for Form W2 and to utilize bulk action, click Mark All.
- Hit the E File Federal Forms button and place in the contact number and email of one’s company on the login page.
- Now the prior step to perform the e filing process, click Submit.
- After e-filing the forms, you may also print W2 forms in QuickBooks Payroll.
Setup W2 Forms Using QuickBooks Desktop
Now that you will be alert to the device requirements necessary to e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll using QuickBooks application, you’ll need to check on the steps requires creating the forms. If you have QuickBooks Enhanced payroll service subscription, you are able to electronically file state forms W-2. Once you submit your W-2 forms electronically throughout your online payroll account, SSA automatically creates W-3 form information. Listed here are the steps that will solve your query on how best to prepare W2 for filing in QuickBooks:
- Launch QuickBooks application and from beneath the Employees tab, click Payroll Center
- Now select Pay Liabilities from beneath the Payroll Center
- Next, click Change Filing Method from the Other Activities tab located at the end
- Click Continue
- Choose Federal Form W2/W3 from the list and then hit Edit
- Now click E File and then click Finish and it’ll open form filling instructions
- Hit on Finish Later option.
What Does My E-Filing Status of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll Mean?
After processing the e-filling of W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll, you can use QuickBooks and send the info to Intuit; you will see the filing status in your Online Payroll account. You can find the status as Submitted or In Progress in your screen. Be sure to click Submit two business days; otherwise, SSA won’t consider your submission on time. However, if you are looking how exactly to process W 2 forms in QuickBooks, feel free to reach the representatives. Our experts will assist one to e-file W2 using the QuickBooks application.