An employer needs to file E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop to Federal and State Tax Authorities for paying Unemployment taxes under the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA). The current tax rate is set to some percent of first paid to the employee, and this tax amount is used to compensate workers who have lost their jobs.
Before E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop steps to consider
Mentioned are some steps to E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the steps given below:-
- Be sure that all of your State Unemployment Insurance Taxes are documented, as you cannot file form 940 without SUI.
- You must have an active internet connection.
- QuickBooks Payroll tax tables and desktop application must be updated with the newest updates.
- You must be listed with the IRS e File program.
- You will be require ten digits PIN provided by the IRS.
Steps to Print and E-File 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop
Here we have discussed various steps to print and E-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop application and tap on QuickBooks Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s under the Employees tab.
- Now you have to select the QuickBooks Process Payroll Forms
- Choose the QuickBooks Form Type page and tap on the Federal Forms
- Click on the OK button from the list of QuickBooks Payroll, forms
- Tap on the Annual Form 940 and you have to select the year for which you are filing the form.
- Now you have to fill the form with all the credentials about your company
- The form is completed and you have to click on the Next button.
- Confirm the data/information entered in the form
- Ensure that all the entries of calculations and amount are accurate.
- Now you have to do check mark the box
- Choose whether you want any over-payment with your next tax payment.
- Tap on the Next button for 940 form-filling guidelines.
- Now you can select between saving the completed document in PDF format and getting a print directly from the printer.
- Tap on the option of Save as PDF that you want to save the form in PDF format for printing it
- Click on the option of Print for Your Records to get a print directly from the printer.
- Now tap on the option of Check for Errors to check the form for any mistakes and errors.
- If your e filing service is lively, you have to tap on the Submit button.
- You will e-file your tax form 940 directly to the IRS
- Now you have to tap on the Save and Close option to save a copy of the form and to exit the window.
Get-In-Touch with Tech-Specialists for Immediate Help
You must carefully fill the tax forms with precise information to avoid any penalties from IRS, and if you need the help of representatives. Our professional team of Quickbooks customer service is always obtainable 24/7 to help the users prepare and e-file 940 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop for any state. The representatives are highly skilled to resolve your issue.